I have an exciting offer for everyone today and that is for a free copy of a book galley (a prereleased copy) of a new book by Peter Guber called “Tell To Win”. I have been given one from the publishers as a copy to review myself and an additional offer to give one away to my readers here. They describe the book as:
In Tell to Win, Guber shows how to move beyond soulless Power Point slides, facts, and figures to create purposeful stories that can serve as powerful calls to action. Among his techniques:
• Capture your audience’s attention first, fast and foremost
• Motivate your listeners by demonstrating authenticity
• Build your tell around “what’s in it for them”
• Change passive listeners into active participants
• Use “state-of-the-heart” technology online and offline to make sure audience commitment remains strong
As most of you know, I love story telling and believe it is a powerful tool to motivate and engage people.
How to Win a FREE advanced copy of the book?
1. Simply make a comment about why you enjoy story telling or what you think it is useful for
Tell a short story about a time where storytelling has helped you.
2. You must include your email address in your comment so that if you win, you can be contacted.
We’ll randomly select a winner on the 23rd of January and send them their copy. NOTE (Update Jan24, 2011): Stidar has been selected from the comments as the winner so congratulations and thanks everyone for your comments on this book! And again, thanks to the publisher for offering this extra copy for the give away, and I hope you enjoy the book very much!
Prev: How to Have an Open Mind
Next: Book Review: Perform Like a Rock Star